Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Kareena Kapoor becomes higest paid actress in Bollywood

Its common for bollywood Male stars to charge huge sums for their movies, but now female stars have also started charging huge sums as we saw this year Mallika sherawat being paid one crore for ten minute minuscule role in Aap ka suroorrrrrrrrr (I hope, I got the r's right :D).And now Kareena kapoor has reportedly started charging 3.5 crore rupees for movies, replacing Aishwarya rai as the highest paid actress in bollywood
This is the highest amount being paid to any Bollywood actress. Kareena’s future projects include films like Tashan with Akshay Kumar and Saif, Kambhakht Ishq with Akshay again, Golmaal Returns with Ajay Devgan, Agent Vinod with Saif, another with John Abraham and Karan Johar’s next.

“I have always dabbled and experimented with various kinds of roles. Be it in Omkara, Jab We Met or Chameli , I have experimented. Guess my patience and hard work paid off,” laughs Kareena adding, “but honestly, I don’t believe in this numbers game. The industry does it. I am happy doing what I do best, giving 250 per cent before the camera.”

Kareena disagrees that the new high in her profession has anything to do with the love of her life. Everyone says Saif is proving to be her good luck charm, but Kareena said, “If people believe that — it’s great. But personally, I feel love has got nothing to do with it. By saying this people discount the hard work put in by me and the entire crew and cast of the films I have done. I would say all the risks and challenges that I have taken as an actress have paid off. Encouraged, I shall venture into newer zones in my work area now.”

She swore that it’s work and her career that drive her more than anything. “I am highly ambitious. My strength, my confidence and everything else stems from my ability to work hard in my career which is the pivotal point of focus in my life. It’s beyond everything,” Kareena stated.



May be she has taken the success of Jab we met to her head, in her seven years long career she has only two hits to her credit.IMHO producers must be out of their minds to pay her such kind of money

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “Kareena Kapoor becomes higest paid actress in Bollywood”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .