Sunday, February 24, 2008

KJo now a competition for SRK

After Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, it's Karan Johar's turn to turn into a game-show shots, albeit for a film.

In Balajee's feature film Khel Khel Mein directed by Sachin Yardi, Karan has been roped in to play a talk-show host for a game show called Karan Banaye Crorepati.

And the actor playing the contestant on the hot seat when Karan shot for the film last month was none other than Tusshar Kapoor.

The young actor found the whole experience to be great fun. "I thought Karan being a filmmaker would be just a token actor on the sets.

But he surprised us all with his knowledge of light, camera, angles, shot division and how to stand in a frame. I felt like a complete novice in front of him."

Apparently the director tried initially to instruct his guest star but soon let him do his own thing.

Laughs Tusshar, "I think being on television and doing so much on camera Karan has become a seasoned actor. I seriously think he should do a major acting assignment.

In Khel Khel Mein he'll steal the show from all of us, and then there's my sister Ekta who has also promised to make a vital appearance. But to pin her down is next to impossible."

Tell Karan about Tusshar's observations in his acting skills and Karan laughs, "Well as it is Shah Rukh and I are now being nominated for the same awards. So he better watch out. Jokes apart, I've no patience or time for acting.

Even my 11-day stint on NDTV Imagine's Shava Shava was something I was committed to do. I enjoyed it while it lasted. But no more on-camera activities for me.Or people will forget I'm a filmmaker."

Karan also received a special award from his buddy Ekta Kapoor at her Global Indian TV Honours. "It was special because Ekta was giving me the award. We even danced together on stage."

Next year when Ekta's awards will honour cinema as well as television Karan Johar is expected to host the show.

"If she asks me, I'll happily do it. I can never say no to Ekta," Says Karan emotionally.

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “KJo now a competition for SRK”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .