Saturday, May 17, 2008

I was never offered Adi's film : Sonam Kapoor

It was rumoured that Sonam Kapoor was going to play the female lead opposite Shah Rukh Khan in director Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, but the young actress says she was never offered the role.

In fact, she feels much relieved that Aditya Chopra has finalised Anushka Sharma for the female lead for his third directorial venture.

"Since the film was announced, speculation started about me being in the project. But I was never offered the film! I don't know where this whole thing started, honestly," Sonam, who debuted with Saawariya, told IANS.

"I did visit Adi a couple of times like any other actor, but not for any particular role. Maybe people saw me entering Yash Raj. Nowadays, even if an actress passes by Yash Raj she's rumoured to have signed a film with them."

But Anushka resembles Sonam.

"Does she? Is that a compliment to me or to her? I know it required someone very Punjabi and young. I've just played a full-on Punjabi girl in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Dilli 6. Even in Saawariya, I was in full elaborate Indian clothes. Now I need a change of pace and grace."

Maybe a hot sizzling chic-and-trendy babe?

"Yeah, maybe. I'm not signing anything in a hurry. I've all the time in the world and the best advisor any actress in Bollywood could have. My dad (Anil Kapoor)."

Wouldn't Anurag Basu's Kites with Hrithik Roshan with its sizzling international-looking heroine's character have been the right vehicle to change Sonam's demure desi image from her first two films?

Apparently, Sonam was offered the role that Latin actress Barbara Moriis is now doing. But she baulked at the amount of skin show it required.

Sonam is tight-lipped about Kites. "All I'll say is I'd never do anything to compromise myself or my family, or any film where I've to cringe at the premiere

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “I was never offered Adi's film : Sonam Kapoor”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .