Wednesday, May 14, 2008

People are calling me Aamir’s blue-eyed gal:

It is often said that slow and steady wins the race. No one knows this better than Genelia D’Souza. The actor has been around in Bollywood for nearly five years.

But with just two films — Masti and Tujhe Meri Kasam — to her credit, she had failed to make her presence felt in the glamour world. But not anymore! Now she has been chosen by Aamir Khan to play the lead in his forthcoming home production Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. This chrysalis, who gave a number of hits down South, is now ready to spread her wings and is hoping to create a flutter in tinseltown. The actor, who apart from her fresh looks is armed with loads of chutzpah, tells CT about her career moves, her fitness mantra and her friendship with Ritiesh Deshmukh.

All set to go
The actor is gung ho about bagging Aamir Khan’s film. But she chooses to remain tightlipped about it and merely says, “People are calling me Aamir’s blue-eyed gal. I’m enjoying all the attention. But at this stage, I wouldn’t like to talk much about it.” And how was it working with Akshaye Khanna and Paresh Rawal in Priyadarshan’s comic caper Mere Baap Pehle Aap, which is to be released shortly? “Akshaye is quite chivalrous while Paresh is a real sweetheart. Sometimes when I could not get my dialogues right, both of them would be patient and rehearse the lines along with me.”

Experimenting with genres
Not many know that this young lady has played football at national level. “I love sports. Watching a game on TV
rejuvenates me after a hectic day. Wh en I am not sh ooting, I am glued to a spo rts channel,” she says. So how did acting happen to this sportswoman? She laughs heartily before replying, “In college I got a photo shoot done and gave it to some advertising agencies and production houses. I started getting calls and that’s how I got my first advertising assignment with none other than Amitabh Bachchan.”

Of skimpy clothes
In all her previous films, Genelia was seen clad from head to toe in prim clothes. Ask her whether it was a deliberate move and she replies, “Yes. I want to do films that families can enjoy. It’s not that I will not wear short skirts or do kissing scenes, but the fine line between vulgarity and being glamorous must not be breached.”

Genetically blessed
Genelia is a diehard foodie and she doesn’t have to work out to maintain her svelte figure. Revealing her fitness mantra, she says, “I am genetically blessed. I do go for light jogs or walks occasionally. I am very lazy and hate to work out and I don’t like wearing makeup either. There have been times when I have attended weddings just wearing lipstick, kajal and some junk jewellery.”

What’s brewing?
She was once linked with her co-star Ritiesh Deshmukh. The rumours eventually died. But recently Ritiesh paid her a surprise visit on the sets and both spent some happy moments together. This started the rumours afresh. Ask her to comment on this and she says sagely, “Ritiesh and I are great pals even today. I never reacted to such talk earlier and will not do so even now.”

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “People are calling me Aamir’s blue-eyed gal:”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .