Friday, July 04, 2008

Raima is as crazy as I am

No one could bring Karisma and Kareena Kapoor together. The last time two Bollywood sisters came together it was for proud-mom Shobhana Samarth's Hamari Beti.

Even there Nutan and Tanuja, the first pair of famous screen- sister in Bollywood, didn't come together as sisters.

And when Deepak Tijori cast Shilpa and Shamita Shetty together in Fareb, they played rivals in love!

Big mistake. With a super-active media images from celebrities' real lives define their celluloid roles in audiences' minds.

"If I do a film with Esha I'd have to play her mother. Nobody would accept us otherwise, " says Hema Malini.

For the first time the two hot and in-the-news Bollywood sisters Raima and Riya have decided to come together as sisters. And the director chosen for the task is young Vicky Chopra.

Riya is eminently kicked by the idea. "I've been dying to work with my sister. Although she's a year older to me and although we look very different (she looks like my grandmom Suchitra Sen, I'm more like my mom Moon Moon) Raima is like my twin.

We've been staying together in Mumbai for three years now. And there's not a thing about our lives that we don't share."

Riya and Raima have been waiting for the right opportunity to come together. "We had offers earlier. But nothing worth considering seriously. It made sense for us to be cast together only when we played sisters.

I don't think audiences would accept us together as anything but siblings. We're going to have a whale of a time playing sisters."

Vicky Chopra is Vir Chopra's son and Vidhu Vinod Chopra's nephew. The idea of casting the two Sen sisters together came to him when Raima worked with Vinod in Parineeta and Eklavya.

Says Riya, "Most people think Raima is the sober sister while I'm the wild one. Little do they know. Raima is as crazy as I am."

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “Raima is as crazy as I am”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .