Thursday, June 05, 2008

Rani to play cricket!

Rani Mukherji, after playing an angel in Kunal Kohli’s Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic, is all set to play a cricketer in Yash Chopra’s next film.


She’s paired for the first time opposite Shahid Kapoor and said with her throaty laugh, “I don’t know if any actress has played a cricketer before, but I’ve been learning cricket on the field for the past two months. I can play the game convincingly now, though not as good as the professionals yet, but I’m glad to be doing work which challenges.” So is she equipped to join the IPL next season? “I don’t know about that! But I’m definitely enjoying cricket. My practical sessions are on full swing.”

Rani is hungry for new roles. “At this stage of my career I feel I need new challenges. When Kunal offered me an angel’s role, I was kicked. For the first time I was playing a character who couldn’t cry. Now critics can stop saying Rani cries so much in all her films.” After an angel and a cricketer, what would Rani like to play? “Maybe an astronaut like Kalpana Chawla. And I’d also love to play a doctor. I’ve never done that before. Come to think of it, I’ve never worked with Shahid Kapoor before either. I’m doing so now.”
Isn’t there a danger of her being branded a resident Yash Chopra banner’s heroine since all her recent films have been with that banner alone? “Why?” Rani shot back. “Wasn’t Saawariya with Sanjay Leela

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “Rani to play cricket!”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .