Friday, June 06, 2008

"Those who liked Aag were mental patients" - Ramu

Trust the man to mouth the wittiest of lines with a dead pan expression; even though all the fun is at his expense!

While Bollywood insiders and followers are impatiently looking forward to the fate of Sarkar Raj, Ramu continues to be relaxed. "I have always maintained that no single film is the end of road for me. Once Sarkar Raj comes, I would be getting started with the promotion of Contract. Yes, Sarkar Raj is quite important but so have all the films even before that I have made."

How about Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag? Has he truly forgotten all the flak? "I could see it coming. At the end of the day, I knew that I wasn't making Sholay there", says Ramu.

Oh really? But wasn't Aag always supposed to be the remake of Sholay? "What remake?", questions Ramu in a mocking tune, "You can't have a one line plot and claim that it is a remake. Yes, we started off with quite a few inputs from the classic. But then over the period of time, the setting changed, the situations changed; heck, the basic idea changed. The visual connect too was completely different as conveyed through a different style of photography."

Reflecting on the time gone by, Ramu says, "Right from the time the film's title was renamed to Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, there were signs of troubled. I was ridiculed, there were attempts to defeat my courage, I was called arrogant and what not!"

Yes, everyone knows the kind of horrifying response that the film got on its release. But there must have been some soul out there who would have liked the film? Did he come across anyone like that? "Out of 100 people I met, 90 disliked it. To be honest, I truly believe that those 10 people who liked Aag were mental patients", Ramu sets the record straight.

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “"Those who liked Aag were mental patients" - Ramu”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .